help, this really doesnt feel good.....

35 weeks pregnant with my first and having a really strong cramp only on my left side its been there for like 20 minutes could this be the start of contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could be, but ive been cramping for about 4 weeks and nothing.
    Anonymous

• oh i would call your doctor still though. even if its nothing i would still get checked or something.
    Anonymous

• Use the bathroom, it could be gas. My doc said taking Gas X is ok while preggers. Try it. See if that works and goes away. Contractions usually come and go. Hence the reason you're supposed to time them. If it's been a constant pain, it might just be gas. Also, could be that the baby is stickin ya and doesn't wanna move.......LOL.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It is probably ligament pain. It is hard to hear, but that is the answer I would get from my doctor. If you have someone to help you, try to take a bath to relax. You will need help to get in and out so you don't fall, but it may do the trick in getting rid of the pain. If it lingers, you may want to call the doctor for some help with relieving it. Good luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• im almost 35 weeks and ive been cramping for a few weeks as well. and my doctor said its just normal and is just getting ready to deliver. but does not necessarily mean i will deliver soon. its definitely NOT ligament pains though, for me it feels like cramps that are beginning of getting a period (of course im not going to but that is how i describe it)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My doctor said if I start to feel anything like that to lay down and drink some water (dehydration can cause cramps) and then if it doesn't go away after about 45 to an hour to call in and let them know.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2009