all natrual

so i have chosen to do al all natural birth
and i finly told my boi in iraq
and he told me good luck and that i was not gonna be able to do it
that really upset me so now we are in this big fight about how i want to give birth
he is a medic in the army and there for thinks he knows everything!!!!!
he told me it was pain for no reason but there is a reason
my sister got drugs and dont remeber shit about giving birth she dont even remeber holding he kid for the first time
i dont want to miss that
so does anyone have advice or just something to sat to make me feel better????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• au natural is the best and safest way to deliver a baby. Army medics are so dumb sometimes. My DH is in the army and I have met quite a few ignorant medics.

I recommend reading up on natural birth. Get books like "birthing from within" and "the birth book". Read "ina may's guide to childbirth" too. These are all very helpful.

Natural birth is not as painful as everyone says. If you go into it think that it will be terrible, and painful, then it will be, but if you go into it knowing that as a woman you are made to give birth, then you will have a wonderful birth experience. :)

Get as much knowledge as you can and tell your bf that he either supports you or he needs to keep his mouth shut.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i think if you want to do it naturally thats great. i know that personally i couldnt do it. (i had an epidural and remember everything, i wasn't drousy or drugged or anything like that). But hey if you think you can do it I'm sure that you can. You know your limits better than he does. Go prove him wrong! :)
    Anonymous

• damn did he even give birth? lol i hope not ...jk! lol

i think if you want to do it, then do it! be strong. be positive. gods natural way is for us to do it DRUG FREE. so obviously it will be done if you want it to be. and youd probably be so proud of yourself when it is over and done with. and you can say "I did it even when you thought i couldn't!".

good luck :) i applaud you for wanting to do a natural birth.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I believe to each their own. I had an epidural, then an emergency c-section............and I remember ALL of it. I guess it would depend on the drug they give you. Everyone is different. I do agree with your man though, unnecessary pain.........i'm sorry but my theory is they made drugs so it didn't have to hurt, why go thru that? However, a friend of mine had all 6 of her kids with no drugs at all. It's a personal decision. Who cares what he thinks, if you want to do it natural, go for it. I applaud you!!!!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• yeah diva lets just take drugs... even if someone made them ... heck they have to ALL be safe right??
    good theory....
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt get the epidural...thats just my opinion thought just get the other meds that they offer you and u would be fine but try to do it all natural... they can give u all those drugs anytime through the delivery... the only one that has to be given at a certin time is the epidural
    Anonymous

• i had drugs with my first and everything was fine.. i remember it all but this time i hope not to use drugs because i hated being numb and not being able to move around a whole lot.... But we will see ... I think you should do what you think will make you happy. He isnt the one in labor you are... so do what you want and if he cant support you for that then he its nuts... good luck hope all goes well...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Hi. I respect your decision to have the baby without drugs. I have had 4 children, 2 with meds and epidural and 2 with mild meds. I was much nicer, happier and calmer having the epidurals. They do not STOP all pain, only help make it easier...

Childbirth is not a contest, and those without meds are not awarded a medal of honor. You are not less a mother because you wanted to seek some relief. You have every right to make this decision, and change your mind. Just don't change it too late, or your window of opportunity will be lost. We all need to do what is best for us, and I encourage you to keep your options open. I did not forget a moment of my child births. Do not make a decision based soley on anyone else's experience. Do not let others make you fear the unknown. Good luck to you. This is not worth fighting over.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am in a "natural birth and pregnancy group" on here and I absolutely love it. This baby will be born at home, no pain meds available and I can not wait! Oh if you are on tricare they do cover some birth centers and midwives, as do most insurances, those are way better options than a hospital for a natural birth!
    celticreverie

• statistically epidurals slow labor (woman can argue all they want, these are statistics... so it's not true for everyone). IV drugs will drug the baby and pass into the placenta, so that's a huge risk. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009