I've been throwing up alot, how long does this go on?

I think this must be morning sickness.

MelissaVolk

Asked by MelissaVolk at 11:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it can last a whole pregnancy or stop for a while and begin again or stop all together. some women dont ever get sickness it depends on the persons body.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It lasted the whole nine months for me. If it lasts for too long talk to your doctor about getting on medication for it.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 11:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I was throwing up all the time up until I was twenty five weeks pregnant. One morning I woke up and felt great. I hope it doesn't last too long for you.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• with my first i threw up 4-5 times a day fro 3 months, then it just disappeared. With this one, it was much the same but even after the 3 month time frame was over with I am still getting nauseos and throw up in the am sometimes and I am almost 21 weeks.

Every woman is different. :) Good luck.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• That will depend on your pregnancy. I would suggest some things to help, though. First, talk to your doctor about taking a prenatal vitamin that helps with nausea. Try to take small meals periodically. Eat things that sound good to you, but try to limit how much you eat at a time. Your goal is to keep what you eat, in! There is a syrup that helps and is ok with pregnancy, called Emetrol. Most pharmacies have it. It saved my life in my first pregnancy! Make sure you are drinking enough, you don't want to dehydrate. I lost 17 lbs in my first trimester of my 3rd pregnancy. I was sick for about 19 weeks. Good luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• its different for everyone. I threw up during my organic chem lab EVERY lab, twice a week for 4 months but then that was it. Eating smaller amounts more frequently seemed to help me, i also felt better if i ate something before i got up so i kept crackers by the bed and had a few in the mornings.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i was sick the whole perg even got sick during delivery
    lynnspink

Answer by lynnspink at 11:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Morning sickness isn't necessarily just in the morning - mine lasted the whole first trimester of my pregnancy. Just depends on the person I guess
    InfectiousSmile

Answer by InfectiousSmile at 1:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2009