my son wont sleep in his bassinet

he will only sleep with us or if he is being held.
he also likes to sleep on my chest so mostly on his belly. what can i do any suggetions??

nitaO

Asked by nitaO at 11:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WE GOT MY DAUGHTER A BASSINET AND SHE USED IT 1 TIME WHEN WE FIRST BROUGHT HER HOME AND THAT WAS IT...THEN SHE STARTED SLEEPIN IN HER CARSEAT CUS SHE HAS ACID REFLUX NOW SHE IS N THE BED WITH US AND STARTIN TO ROLL OVER N STUFF SO IMMA HAVE TO START PUTTIN HER IN HER CRIB STARTIN TONITE:*(
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• how old is your little one?? my son is only 4 weeks and i know he shouldnt be sleeping with me but thats the only way he will sleep.
    nitaO

Answer by nitaO at 11:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had trouble for the first two weeks. But I still tied at every nap, and every night. After two weeks, he would go to bed in his crib, spend half the night with us. After he was about 2 months old we have not had a single problem. Oddly my son also hated to be swaddled. Just keep trying. Eventually he will get there.
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Wrap him up nice and snug and when you lay him down, pat his bottom softly. So his body is jiggling slightly. I know it sounds funny but it worked for my daughter when nothing else would. I would not put him in bed with you unless you plan on keeping it up. You didnt say how old he is. Is he a newborn?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• umm I would just say do not let him sleep with you because if he gets in the habbit of it he will always want you to sleep with him and hold him when he sleeps my cousin has 4 going on 5 kids and when they were little they slept with her and now she is having a hard time getting them all out so just give him a bath, a massage rap him up really good with a bottle rock him and when he start to close his eyes lay him down just when he is drowsy I would lay him down with his bottle for a sec stand there and when like a couple seconds go by take it out if he crys sing a song or pat him on the back when you do and she should fall right asleep oh you could also try some luliby music or some babies like to sleep with a heater or fan on low so thats about all I can think of good luck!
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• yeah he is a newborn. only four weeks old.
    nitaO

Answer by nitaO at 11:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• oh I didn't know that in that case I would have to say just let him it not gunna hurt him to for a lil while he is so new he just need his mama but when he gets bigger ^
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• alrigt i wasn't sure if i was doing the right thing or not. thanks for the advice.
    nitaO

Answer by nitaO at 12:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Three of my daughters are adults. All slept with me while newborns. You just have to be extra careful that no one is able to roll on the baby. It can be deadly. I used rolled up blankets as bumpers and as they fell asleep, I would slide them into a make shift bed in my bed. By the time they could barely sit up, they could nurse themselves and burp themselves ~ but they were still in my bed. By about 4-6 months they were mostly in their own beds. Then, (13 years later) along came the boy! He was a NICU cardiac baby - healthy as can be now- and he did not want to sleep with me when we got home. It took me 3 months to get him to cuddle! So, enjoy the love the baby wants to give you and be safe!
    beyondme

Answer by beyondme at 1:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• We have a beautiful bassinette . . my daughter NEVER slept in it. Don't feel bad . . I guess when they're that little . . . they just want to be with us!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2009