Is this a sin or an issue of passion?

I'm in a relationship with someone whom I cannot say, but is forbidden. We love each other with all of our hearts and wish to be together. Are we doing anything bad?

MelissaVolk

Asked by MelissaVolk at 11:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• If one of you is in a committed relationship, you sure are doing something bad. You need to use your head, not your other body parts to think with.
    Anonymous

• Forbidden as in how. Are you related to them? A best friend's man? A Priest
    Anonymous

• That would depend on why the relationship is "forbidden." If this is an adulterous relationship, then yes...it's a sin. If it's not adulterous then I'm not understanding why it's "forbidden," so then no, it wouldn't be a sin. More info is needed here lol.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Honey if your on here asking a bunch of strangers the kind of question your asking..........then I'd say you have already answered your own question.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yeah... not enough information to give an informed answer. BUT if you or he is: married, in a commited relationship, a relative, a priest (or anyone who has taken a vow of chastity), etc -- then yeah, that's not good.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Forbidden in what sense? Because one or both is commited to someone else? Or for a more benign reason (for instance although dh and I were not 'forbidden' we were frowned upon because we are of different races/ethnicities and his family was displeased when we married- however I don't feel that love is based on colour and don't feel that there is anything wrong with our love.) Forbidden is too vague to give an opinion... sorry!

One rule of thumb I sometimes use... are innocent people being harmed by my actions?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I just visited your page...........Im wondering if you are even for real.. Did you know your questions all show up on your page? You said that you are preg. by a close family member. Then you wanted an abortion and then you dont want one. Now this. If this situation is for real, you need to run and not walk to a doctor, get a check up and seek some counseling.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• if it's forbidden then that screams hand off to me. if your pregnant with family member then that is certainly forbidden and you should stop asap. you are mentally ill as well as your brother father whatever. seriously you need you head screwed back on you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Is this an incest question? Incest and minors are where I draw the line. I'm not bothered by affairs or even same sex relationships. I am bothered by any abusive relationships.

However religion and culture has their own views of right and wrong as well so it depends on the exact nature of the relationship.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Why is it forbidden? I went to your profile too and left scratching my head saying hmmmmm too.
    It sounds like you need some form of help but I don't know what to even suggest other than if you're having to ask if it is bad, then it likely isn't a good thing. Good Luck, it sounds like you've been in emotional turmoil and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009