• In the Spotlight:

do the sound of the movie theater affect a babies ears?

if so at what age can you take a baby to the movies?

marli08

Asked by marli08 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think every kid is diffrent I took my two year old to a kids movie and he cried but I took my 10 month old and she was laughing and smiling and my 5 year old neice loves it
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We use to just wrap the baby up and make sure her ears were covered... at 4-5 months old she saw fireworks and it was no prob... I think its ok...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• a movie theater here has a "cry baby matinee," where moms can bring their babies and toddlers and not worry about them cryin' and making noise. i used to take abel all the time because he would only take a nap in my arms... i started going when he was about 5months... he always slept through the whole thing. i don't think it would bother them.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• it can. theaters can be really loud. that being said I took my dd to a theater up until she was 5.5 months old. then she became to much to handle and she hasn't been back since, because a loud baby in a theater is rude.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i wouldnt take my baby if she was aloud crying baby. my baby is good and dont cry. all i want to know is it to loud for a baby ears. do anyone know if its ok for the baby ears.
    marli08

Answer by marli08 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It hurts everyones ears. The sound levels in movie theaters are WAY too high.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009