How to go from being a stay at home mom to go to work mom?

I have been a stay at home mom for over 3 years now. I have been wanting to get a job so we can have some extra money things have been getting harder lately. I do not really have any skills and the only work experience was at bashas. I would love it if anyone has any advice or knows of somewhere that is hiring. Also I may need to find daycar/preschool for my children. If anyone can helpe, I'd appreciate it. Thankyou!!

mommieloveof3

Asked by mommieloveof3 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Contrary to popular belief, you do have marketable skills. Think about it....Who did the budgeting? Who took care of scheduling appointments & activities? Who made sure everybody got to where they needed to be on time? Who played short order cook to the family? Who took care of the little ones when they were sick or your DH when he was sick? Who ran all of the errands and did the shopping? Ummm, you, right? So there you go....you have skills in budgeting, time management, logistics, short order cook, childcare, homecare worker, "girl Friday", etc.....You need to give yourself more credit for who you are and what you do everyday.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would see if there are any groups around your home town area and post about a job on there.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I love mom2aspclboy's answer! Start with what you know. You have many more skills than you think you do. Trust me, you are probably a lot more brilliant than some of these bozos out here working now. You just need the confidence. I can tell by the way you wrote your question you are a very smart lady. You will get there, don't worry. You can also try one of the temp agencies in your area and see what they have.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009