what to do for 1st birthday party?

games for a one year olds birthday party

Jaimes6805

Asked by Jaimes6805 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Where are you having it? Indoors or out? How many kids are going to be there and what are the ages? If you are going to have mostly toddlers, keep it simple. They really can't play "games". Find activities to keep them busy and hand out treat bags. For older kids, you can't go wrong with a pinata! And they will play just about anything if they are promised a dollar store prize. Pin the tail on the donkey, or go with your theme.... pin the nose on the clown, or Elmo... whatever you want. Sack races. Tie balloons on their ankles and then they try to pop everyone elses balloons. The last one with a balloon wins. The egg on a spoon game. Simon says, musical chairs.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The child is one. Honestly what I did is have some family over, like grammas and grampas. Nothing fancy. Your child isn't going to remember it anyways. She will be more interested in playing with the boxes the toys come in rather than the toys. Save your time and energy for the parties when she is older. I'm in that boat now. My son is turing 6 on Friday. I let him invite his whole kindergarten class over on Saturday. Pray for me...lol
    momiwant1

Answer by momiwant1 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We dont play games as we have small parties.
    Pin the tail on the donkey might be fun depending on ages there.
    You could hide stuff in the yard or house(like you do at Easter) and see how many they can find,etc.
    Simon Says is good. Duck, duck, goose.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009