IS IT POSSIBLE, FOR A DOG TO BE PREGNANT FOR 3 MONTHS?

MY MOMS, DOG APPEARS TO  BE PREGNANT!!!  SHE'S BEEN SLEEPING  & EATING  ALOT MORE THEN USALLY . SHE CANT CLIMB UP STAIRS  ANYMORE.  I'VE NOTICE A CHANGE IN HER,  SINCE THE END OF AUGUST.  HER BELLY IS  HUGE!  MY  MOM & I  WILL BE TAKING HER TO THE VET  SOON.  ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2011 in Pets

• NO IT CAN NOT

SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR DAMN PETS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 9:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• Answer: Pregnancy in the dog (all breeds) lasts about 2 months: 60-64 days.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• Dogs bear their litters roughly 9 weeks after fertilization, although the length of gestation can vary from 59 to 65 days, with 63 days being the average.
    Pirate.Mum

Answer by Pirate.Mum at 9:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• How old is the dog?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• ROSEHAWK, SHE'S 7.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• She could have an infection in her uterus. My cat went through this. I was freaked out because it was my brother's cat that he asked me to keep for "a while" and said she was fixed. I was ready to bet the farm she was pregnant and he lied to me. Turns out she has some major infection in her uterus and had to have a full hysterectomy. She nearly died. Get your dog to the vet asap. Generally you should be able to tell if a dog is pregnant because the teats will be swollen.
    Minimelda

Answer by Minimelda at 10:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• Oh dear God, I hope a 7 year old bitch is not pregnant. No, a dog cannot be pregnant that long without becoming septic and dying. Either she's pregnant and you miscalculated, she is having a false pregnancy which can last that long, or she has pyometria. Either way, all these problems can be fixed by getting her fixed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• Btw if it's pyometria or an overdue septic pregnancy she will have nasty discharge that smells.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• I wouldnt wait getting her seen
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2011

• There are other things that can cause a dog's stomach to swell. Honestly you need to get to a vet, it sounds like it could be Cushings Disease, but there are a lot of other things it could be as well. Good luck!
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 4:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2011