Why are Christians so judgmental?

aaronsmom096

Asked by aaronsmom096 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Could you go into more detail? That seems a little broad. What does "judgmental" mean to you?
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 6:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think what you should be asking is Why are PEOPLE in general SOO judgmental. Every other religion and NON religious people are JUST as judgemental. It is NOT just a christian thing, unless your trying to troll for trouble.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• That's also stereo-typing. Not all Christians are judgemental.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Cn you please not use the term christians as in all of us I am christian and I don't judge anyone and I don't believe it's right. I believe everyone has their own identity and beliefs just because we don't agree on something I surely wont be judgemental about it.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 6:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• "I don't judge anyone"

Never ever? Wow! Good for you!!

I do on occasion and I fully admit it. Sometimes it's not right and sometimes it's perfectly fine. I think we ALL make judgments. I will say I try to never judge a persons heart though.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 6:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• THE REASON THAT ISE BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE AND EVERYTHING THAT'S PUT INTO IT...AND IF YOU ARE NOT DOING WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS THEN MOST RELIONGS PEOPLE NTICE IT BEFORE OTHERS THAT WHY!
    GOERGIAGURL1919

Answer by GOERGIAGURL1919 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No I don't judge, I don't look at a mother who is about to have an abortion and think anything less of her than a human being just because am pro life. I don't judge a homeless person on the street who begs for money everyday, the fact is we do not know anyones life or reasoning for anything and even though the reasons may not sound justifyable to us doesn't mean that it isn't justifyable to them. I will not lie I used to judgemental, but when I read that God judges you the way you judge people it turned my life around. I will no longer make judgemental statements because I myself would not like it if God had did that to me.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 6:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• The fact is that it is the person that is judgmental, and they would be that way no matter what their religious affiliation. I am not a judgmental person and I am Christian...heck, my profile even states that I want to break the stereotypes of Christians and I'm in a group titled "Non-Judgmental Christians". Too many people see Christianity's "bad seeds" and assume we're all that way.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• that's so bizarre. i love Christian people because they are accountable to a higher power to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." That is powerful. Treat others with respect as you hope to be treated. The fact is there are a lot of Christian people out there so your sample of the population is probably pretty small. Try attending a church to hear that Christians know they are challenged by life and that they always need to try to do better. We believe that we sin and that we need to do better. It's about learning, doing, forgiving. It's wonderful! Next time you run across a "judgemental person" remind them "do not Judge lest ye be judged" and they may back off. I know a few people who claim Christian and yet they are really hurtful. I know a lot more that are really trustworthy good people.
    musicmamma2006

Answer by musicmamma2006 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I don't believe that I judge anyone, but I do hold people accountable and God commands us to hold our brothers and sisters, accountable for their actions and choices. Any "Christian" will tell you he is not perfect, there was only one that was. We sin, everyday, and that is why we have confession/forgiveness. I just try to keep walking the walk and talking the talk of my Savior, and I am not perfect, but I make it a point to respect, encourage and lift-up everyone that God sets in my path. The key is to find the "root" of all addictions, neglect, abuse, discouragement, etc. And help them reach out of that personal prison to find that they are forgiven and have the opportunity to be saved, too. So, judgemental...I think most people use that term to stop someone from bringing to their attention what they KNOW they need to change.
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2008