TMI ........ Constipation!!!!

I am between 8-12 weeks ( find out on Monday ) and I have been so constipated but when I go to try to go I have to push so hard it hurts so bad but it is in there and needs to come out!!! Any suggestions??? I know this sounds grose but I know you ladies know what I am talking about !!!!! HELP!!!! It is painful and I am getting hemmorhoids !!!!!!

momehopeful69

Asked by momehopeful69 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Right there w/you mama.I'm serious it sucks lol.They say not to but I have gotten so bad that I have had to use stool softeners to get things going again.Literally will not go for like 4 days and when I do it is horrible and painful.Try decaf coffe, something in it makes you go,adn you can flavor it.Someone said it is the vitamins? good luck and call your docor and buy some creme because the hemoroids are here to stay awhile.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ask your doctor if you can take a stool softener. I recommend ducosate sodium, I took it for almost six weeks after having my son! It was breastfeeding-safe, but I'm not sure about pregnancy. I know that Ex-Lax is a no no, so avoid that one.

Start drinking even more water, and add fiber to your diet. I took Benefiber for a supplement, but you should make sure it's safe for you before taking it. It very well COULD be caused by your vitamins (I believe it's the iron that does it), but don't stop taking them: the good they're doing for you is more important than the bad!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ooh, and here's something that really worked for me (this is graphic and gross!):

Attempt to go #2, only straining lightly. If nothing happens, but you still feel the pressure down there, get up and walk around for awhile. Try again 10 minutes later. Eventually (for me, anyway), stuff shifts around and kinda works itself into a better position for you to get it out successfully.

Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am so sorry you are experiencing that. I had it really bad my last pregnancy and couldnt go for two weeks! I could hardly sit or eat because I was in so much pain. My doctor told me to take 2 Colace pills everynight with Coffee. Plus take milk of magnesia. I hadnt gone in two weeks and had a bowel movement within one hour of doing that. Both are safe to take during pregnancy. I really hope you get relief soon.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• been there done that! it will probably get better on its own, but i took fiber pills for both my pregnancies just to avoid going through this. the fiber pill also helps keep everything regulated when your not having issues. you'll thank yourself in the long run. just check with the dr on what kind to take! good luck!
    abpfeffer2002

Answer by abpfeffer2002 at 2:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i found out pushing really hard is not the way! it is very painful, and could be the cause of the hemmoroids. i had it really bad and was in pain all the time. just relax, get in some sort of breathing routine, and just wait. haha.. i know its probably weird but if you have time to just sit there and let things "work themselves out" youll feel much better.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i never strain.. im paranoid and think it'll hurt my lil angel if i do. So i usually just let it work it self out.. eventually it will. i mean you read everywhere that constipation comes with pregnancy. try eating plums or something like those... they are like laxitives.. haha.
    TracyLove72285

Answer by TracyLove72285 at 1:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2009