For anyone suffering from depression, have you ever felt like this?

On a bad day, when you feel emotionally out of control, do you feel like your going crazy. I've had bad days before, but today I could not think, sometimes I wan't making any sense, and i was so anxious I couldn't stop fidgeting. I felt like I was gonna go nuts if I didn't calm down. I wanted to cry, scream, or just run until all my energy was out, my emotions were driving me crazy. what do you think I should do. I scheduled an appt. w/ a therapist already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• It helps me if I write it down in a journal. I thought it was dumb at first but it really helps get it out of me. I will feel like I'm going crazy and nothing makes since but then when I write my emotions on paper it kind of relieves me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• the journal idea helps me too. sometimes I can''t write either ans I just record a stream of consiousness. I had a bad day today too I had just the opposite I went to bed and didn't get up till supper time. sorry you are having a hard time but the therapist is a right step forward.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• take some benedryl & take a nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yeah the journal helps and talking to someone helps to. I have felt like this quite oftenand it's usually due to something I have no control over and that makes me feel worse. The journal helps vent thoses feelings. I hope you feel better soon.
    Tara B.
    TaraLB

Answer by TaraLB at 6:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i couldnt do the journal thing. to anxious. walking with an ipod helped me. also tell your doctor.
    tinajoi

Answer by tinajoi at 7:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• maybe you should go to your regular doctor and tell him or her whats going on?? i felt the same way a couple of months ago and now im on zoloft and ativan and i feel so much better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• long car rides alone have always helped me...i felt like this 4 most of my adult life...i have severe pms and have often felt so emotional i scared myself as to what i was capable of...this year was the first year i have gotten it under wraps and i have much much milder syptoms. for the first time i can honestly say i feel i deal with the depresion cooly and calmly....the difference between this year and all the rest? i divorced my husband of 11 years! mayb there is something outside of urself that is hightening ur bouts of depression? mayb there is an exterior stress that should b eliminated n order 4 u 2 heal!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009