what is a gift that makes you feel special?

what is a gift from a friend or SO that makes you feel special?
I like to send flowers to family that lives far away. But i'm always looking
for something else to send. I like to be able to look at it and order it or something. I don't have many options here to purchase it so I am just curious what you think?

AliciaO

Asked by AliciaO at 12:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• a scrap book of recent events is fun.or cookies.Photos are good but kinda boring so that is why I like the scrapbook idea.I have my son color pages and tape pics in there,I include little journal type entries, stickers crayons...fun stuff.Also this is cool, my ex did this for me while we were apart:buy a bag of hersheys kisses or hugs and gently pull the little paper flags from the candies.He sent them in a card so when I opened it up all his "hugs and kisses" fell all around me-was awesome.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Unexpected flowers or a card is always brings a bright smile from me!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think the best gift I ever got was from my husband last year. He got me a gift certificate to get a pedicure and my nails done. It was so relaxing I didn't want to go home.
    momiwant1

Answer by momiwant1 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I like anything that has some thought put into it.
    My Step mom sent me a simple painted wooden heart, she said she thought of me when she saw it...To this day it is one of my most treasured possessions.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 12:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I sent my dad (he's in london) a book of photos of the boys, he loved it! My most treasured one is actually two little blue shoe charms with the boys names engraved that my husband had put on a tiffany bracelet......I was very impressed with that!
    ukgirly

Answer by ukgirly at 12:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It might seem wierd but this year I got Monopoly board game. And it proves to be one of the best gift because we play as a family and so that makes me feel special
    lafirmewina

Answer by lafirmewina at 1:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• When I lived at home, Mom and I used to take a daily walk throughout our neighborhood for exercise and there was a house a few blocks up that used to have a Tiffany lamp in their dining room window that you could see from the street as you walked by. My mom simply loved that lamp and many times I thought about knocking on their door over the years to find out where they got it. Alas, by the time I worked up the courage to do just that, and the money to buy the lamp, the people who used to live there had moved and the lamp was gone. So, this year my dd and I spent about 3 hours online searching for one like it, and finally found one very similar that matches the new curtains Mom just had made for her dining and living rooms. We gave it to her for Christmas and she cried.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009