Boy or girl.when you found out you were not getting the one you were hoping for how did you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was excited when i found out that i was having a lil boy
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was disappointed to find out I was having a girl this time around. I have a 9yr old boy and felt I knew more about boys and was more comfortable with them. It took me a couple weeks to get over it but now I'm very excited. It helped to start calling her by her name and buying stuff.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 12:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was so sure I was having a boy, my husband was deployed and my parents came with me to my ultrasound. I started crying when they told me it was a girl. I am so happy now, and cant imagine if I would have a boy. God just gave me what I didnt know I always wanted : )
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm having a little girl, but was hoping for a boy, but soon realized that it doesn't matter as long as it's healthy. That's all that really should matter.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• We didn't find out what we were having until baby was born. I really didn't care either way, though I thought it was a girl, and my husband had been wanting a boy, but thought it was a girl as well. People were really obnoxious to me while I was pregnant, saying, "You're having a boy!" What part of wanting to be surprised did they not understand? I had started hoping for a girl, just because I wanted to prove them all wrong! When they announced that he was a he, I was disappointed for a split second, until I saw my husband bawling and heard him saying, "It's a boy! We have a boy!" and I knew I had made his dreams come true. :)

Still, I'm mad that my feelings were tainted by others. Grr!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I wasnt really hoping for either but from the begining of my pregnancy i just thought for sure it was a boy. When i had my ultrasound about 4 weeks ago & they said it was a girl, i couldnt believe it. Actually I am still kind of doubting the U/S tech.,lol. I know that she is prob. right but I just picture my husband & I with a little boy. I know we will love her reguardless though & she will have us wrapped around her little fingers.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 1:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think either way, part of me was excited, and part of me was disappointed. It was my first, though, so the gender wasn't such a big deal. I can imagine those with three of one gender, hoping to God for one of the opposite gender.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I cried both times! LOL. I wanted a boy soooo bad! But I got over it quickly and love my girls and wouldn't change it for the world. now lets just hope if I ever have another I finally get a boy! HAHA
    abpfeffer2002

Answer by abpfeffer2002 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• IDK about the rest of you, but I was REALLY wanting a girl until the exact moment that we found out that we were having a boy. Then we couldn't have been happier! Your baby is special for what he/she is, and you should consider it a total blessing no matter what gender.
    BobbysMom2007

Answer by BobbysMom2007 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• hmmmm... messed up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2009