12yr old boy lots of problems (help)

I have a 12 yr old son form a previous marrage. he lives with his father and im having alot of problems with him. he talks back uses bad language, lies and now his father is telling me that he has been steeling form him and others. I know that his father plays a big part in his behavior. he told my son that he is coming to live me as if its a punishment to my son? I want to get him out of this inviorment and get him some help but im not sure how to go about it without my son hating me and it causing long term damage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Oh man! Counseling might be the best way to handle this. (Not to be mean or think of it meanly) It would be a great way to see why he's acting this way, and to see what's bothering him. 12 years old is very young to start getting in trouble, and who know's he may end up in serious trouble soon, if something isn't done.
    I wish you good luck. Let us know how he does!
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Take your son under your wing and get him the help he needs.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Gigi1969: I was going to say the samething!!!

This is your child! you made him! Take your son and go to couseling, doctors... whatever you have to do!!!! Even if you are married to someone else now you cant erase your ex husband and son forever... it will be worse later!
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 6:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If his dad has been raising him and he's this way, living with you could be the best thing for him! Apparently dad isn't being proactive enough, and your his mom, and you have every right to step in. You may be exactly what he has needed all along.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009