Help please!

My Husband got his wisdom teeth pulled today. all four! They didnt knock him out just numbed him. He felt alot of what was going on. It was at the point where you could hear him yelling and moaning from the waiting room. They told him before the procedure that if he felt pain to raise his left hand. He had it up the whole time and they didnt stop. In the end they only prescribed him tylenol 3 and no antibiotic. He is in extreme pain and i called the office and asked for something stronger and they treated me like some kind of pill junkie. Now i have to take him to the ER. is this wrong or what? what should i do about this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• Why do you keep asking the same question??????
    just call and complain...there isn't much you can do
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I had my wisdom teeth out with local (couldnt get a ride so I drove myself & that is all they will give you without a ride). I only got tylenol 3 & no antibiotics either. That was it. And I had to go to work afterwards...boy did that suck! I threw up all day. I had it done at our dental college but the students dont do wisdom teeth. They just observe. Anyway, I was just fine in a few days as far as pain went....and they had to actually break one of them in pieces to get it out due to the root being curved under my jaw bone. So yay it was painful a bit. Anyway, sounds like standard practice to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Why do you have to be so rude?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• She probably keeps asking because she wants a better answer. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i used to work at an oral surgeons office.. there is no need for abx.... i wouldn't take him the the er either they won't be able to do anything, they'll tell you to call your surgeon. ... just give him the tylenol3 and if it isn't workign in an hour or so give him aother it sould knock him out... men have a low tolerance for pain. also, he shouldn't suck on anything... or eat anything hard... gargle with warm salt water and if it starts bleeding bite down on a wet tea bag... it'll be better in the mor\ning.. he just needs to sleep it off! good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would complain big time! I would take him to the ER. My DH had his wisdom teeth taken out and they knocked him out so he wouldn't feel anything. They sent him home with Lortab and 14 days worth of antibiotics. The pain meds made him sick. He said soft foods would be the best of course but that they should be able to give him something for the pain! Your poor DH!
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 1:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• hey Rose do you realize that Lortab & tylenol 3 are the same thing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• anonymous lortab and tylenol are defenitely not the same thing. look it up in a PDR or online you obviously have a pc. lortab is stronger and a different class of scheduled medication.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• call the doctor. when i had mine pulled i took ats and strong pain meds for over a week. it was not getting any better. i ended up going to another doctor, an oral surgeon who said it had gotten infected and i then developed osteomeylitis in my jaw bone. this is not very common but it does not hurt just to be safe.
    tinajoi

Answer by tinajoi at 7:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Lortab and Tylenol #3 are NOT the same thing. Tylenol #3 has codeine, Lortab has hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is stronger, and better.
    For having 4 wisdom teeth pulled all at once, he should've gotten something a little bit stronger than just codeine! Like Percocet.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2009