HELP!

My Husband got his wisdom teeth pulled today. all four! They didnt knock him out just numbed him. He felt alot of what was going on. It was at the point where you could hear him yelling and moaning from the waiting room. They told him before the procedure that if he felt pain to raise his left hand. He had it up the whole time and they didnt stop. In the end they only prescribed him tylenol 3 and no antibiotic. He is in extreme pain and i called the office and asked for something stronger and they treated me like some kind of pill junkie. Now i have to take him to the ER. is this wrong or what? what should i do about this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• First, take him to the ER to get his pain under control. Tomorrow, if I were you, I would personally go back to the dentist office and cause a scene! And maybe give them the ER bill too!!
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yea sounds like a bad oral surgeon. I had one of those for my first wisdom tooth, He actually had me lifted out of the chair by my tooth for half the procedure. He also left a piece of tooth impacted, it got infected, such an idiot

For the last 3 I went to one of the best oral surgeons in my state and OMG what a difference. No pain at all during the extraction, it was amazing, the swelling was minimal and I was back to normal in 2 days as opposed to the months it took the first time

I dunno what you can do, other than go see another doc to make sure theres no infection setting in or pieces of tooth left there....and get something for thw pain and swelling
    Hope he is better soon!!
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree with the pp. My hubby had his pulled like a week before Christmas and they put him to sleep and then gave him vicoden. They even gave him vicoden before he went in to control the pain until they could be pulled. I say you sue those mother fers because your hubby does not deserve this shit. They should have at least acknowledged the fact that his hand was up for pete's sake and they could have given him something better then fing tylenol.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 12:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• What a horrible experience! I feel so sorry for him. Yes, go to the ER. They will give him the antibiotics for sure. I think that was a graved mistake on the part of the oral surgeon, not prescribing the antibiotics. Hopefully the ER will give something else for the pain too. I don't know what you can do about the incident. Luckily you are smart enough to take him to the ER. I would just NEVER go to that dentist office again.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i had this done and they put me under,, i would walk in that office and i would chew them out and give them the bill from the er and if people hear about that in his office i am sure they won't even cisit that place anymore...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was put under and given very strong pain pills when I had mine taken out. I think you are right in taking him to the ER.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY!! I AGREE WITH THE PP. THANK GOODNESS U TOOK HIM TO THE ER. BRING THE BILL BACK TO THE ORAL SURGEON. WAIT UNTIL THE OFFICE IS FULL OF CONCERNED RELATIVES WAITING FOR THEIR OWN HUSBAND OR CHILD OR WIFE TO COME OUT AND MAKE A SCENE. MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS ABLE TO HEAR U, BUT DONT SCREAM OUT OF CONTROL. IT DRIVES THE PEOPLE AT THE DESK CRAZY IF U R ACTUALLY MAKING A POINT. INSIST ON PAYMENT FOR THE BILL AND ASK WHY U WERE INCONVENIENCED AND WHY YOUR HUSBAND WAS LEFT TO SUFFER IN PAIN POST PRECEDURE. NOT ACCEPTABLE.THIS IS A NEGLENT DENTIST FOR SURE. GOOD LUCK. BE SURE TO LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I worked for a dentist for 14 years and he pulled that crap sometimes. "Just raise your left hand and I'll stop". Bullshit!! Your husbands dentist just didn't want to take the time to give more anes. If you call and complain directly to the dentist he might lower your bill. or just tell him he has to cover the emer room bill and dont back down!! And he really should have put him on antibiotics. Good luck.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• wow what a horrible surgeon, i was knocked out, and then given antibiotics, motrin, and vicodin for after. he really should have gotten antibiotics, i thought it was procedure for after surgery?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009