can you get pregnant while using mirena

heatherfoutch

Asked by heatherfoutch at 12:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yup I know lots of people who have...five to be exact. and mine fell out....bad birthcontrol...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The odds are 1 in 1000, but yep, you can.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes you can. I went in to have mine checked and not only was it falling out, but I was ovulating A LOT! Enough that my midwife said "Wow your ovaries are producing tons of eggs!". About 2 months later, it started falling out again and I just let it come out instead of having her put it back!
    mandamitch

Answer by mandamitch at 1:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes, my friend just did.
    TheGlue28

Answer by TheGlue28 at 2:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• you can't but it is not likely as long at it stays put some womens cervixes don't contract small enought after having kids and it just won't stay put it either goes thur the uteris wall or falls out
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 3:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes, you can! I got preg. while on it. I took a test and even went to the dr and took a blood test and it was positive. I had a miscarriage though. But yes it can happen.
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 4:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• that's what i'm worried about that if i did get pregnant i'd lose the baby do you know any one who's baby is healthy after getting pregnant while on it
    heatherfoutch

Answer by heatherfoutch at 10:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2009