• In the Spotlight:

moms who have had a c-section?

Had a c-section 3 weeks ago and when I go potty sorry tmi when i go poop there is a toliet full of blood and it hurts. Is this normal sorry just kinda freaking out thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• UMMM SO NOT NORMAL. question though, bright red or more brown like old blood
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• bright red.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• the reason i asked is because bright red blood is fresh. so maybe you are having hard poops and you just tore something while going. brown blood means it's been in your system and could be like a stomach ulcer etc.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• ok, so a drop of blood in the toilet looks like A LOT. is it A LOT or just look that way?
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It is normal to bleed though. You are not having blood from having a bm right? I was very painful having bm's almost until the six week mark. I only bleed for three weeks but it was always bright red. If this is something new and you had stopped bleeding I would call your doctor.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• you can get stool softener pills at almost any store. my doctors gave me some after both c-section. i would get some and see if that helps "soften" the problem and keep you from bleeding.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• That's not normal. I would get in touch with your doc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It's not normal to bleed with a BM after a C-section. You need to get in touch with your Dr. sooner rather than later, as most women are already a little anemic after a birth, and this will just compound that problem.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You should call, they could have nicked your intestine.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2009