okk...

so my SO treats our two yr old like a 5 yr old.. and to me he's still a baby am i wrong for treating my son like a baby?? i mean he's 2 so tech. he's still is a baby right??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nope...once they start walking they are a toddler. If you treat him like a baby that is how he will act and he needs to grow and develope at the right speed, treating him like a baby will probably slow him down....
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm just starting to try to break out of the "my baby" thing. It is hard, she IS my baby. But she is also quickly turning into a preschooler. The "baby days" are quickly ending and I'm working hard to let them end gracefully. Good luck on your journey!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• okay so like he just got madd at me bcuz our son didnt want to go to bed by himself.. and he gave him his cup laid him down and told him to go night night.. well he started to scream and kick and opened the bedroom door.. and i told him well let him lay with us, he's still ababy...should i make him go back in the bedroom and go to sleep by himself??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I say there is nothing wrong with comforting your children. that's what mothers do and especially with a 2yr old. I still lay with my 23month old when he cries! I think "treating" them like a baby means the whole baby talk etc. I say go lay with him and let him know he is loved!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Hey your kids will always be ur baby so don't pay any attion to whoever is telling that your child is yours so treat your kids how you want to. Don't let anyone tell you what to do hey if it help wic is telling me that i can't give my child any certain kind of food and what i can give her to drink, so i'm not going to do what they tell me they don't know our kids we do!!!!
    tabatha424

Answer by tabatha424 at 2:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• A two year old is no longer a baby.

Your "SO" is not treating him like a 5 year old, he's simply trying to get a two year old to do what a two year old should be able to do.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• He will ALWAYS be your baby. But giving in to him every time does not do HIM any good. You have to teach boundaries early or you WILL BE SORRY later.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• at two they are not babys anymore but they are also not 5yrs old either. You have to meet in the middle somewhere, they should be working on talking , coloring, playing with toys that teach them things. You could help your little one with drawing / writing letters (a, b, c, etc.). have them help pick up toys when thier done playing etc. When they fall down help them up don't run over and pick them up. Tell them its ok, your alright, etc. as long as its not a bad fall. g/l
    Anonymous