Is Ameriplan a scam? I heard this more than once any comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know that it is so much a scam, but it's very saturated and people just don't have extra money to spend on this type of stuff right now. It's not really providing medical and dental benefits to the family, but rather a discount on the same. I wouldn't get involved in it, I don't forsee a good future in this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• is citi bank associated with them? If so, I think so, my sister was almost being pulled into it but she managed to change bank accts. and cancel her card transaction...like a pyramid scheme... she would get money if she got other people to join them and so on and so on... but she had to put money into it first..

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ameriplan is MLM another way of saying pyramid scheme. Unless you build a downline and get them to pay every month you will never earn anything - hence "The Pyramid"

If you are looking to work hard and make nothing, I'd say go for it.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think the above comments are mostly correct, I would not pay to join any kind of work at home job, that's my #1 rule. I have some free sites listed at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/,

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am sorry that you all feel that way because Ameriplan is NOT a scam!! Yes it is a Mulit-level Marketing company or an MLM but so is AVON, Mary Kay, Diamond Creek Candles, Passion Parties, Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, and every other direct selling company out there! The difference is that we offer something that people NEED....affordable health benefits. Yes they are discount plans and NOT insurance but they do SAVE people tons of money! It is called consumer driven healthcare and it is the wave of the future wether you choose to believe it or not:-)

Ameriplan is NOT a pyramid scheme....those are illegal. Ameriplan has been in business for 16 years and if it WAS a pyramid scheme it would have been shut down by the government years ago! We are NOT associated with citi bank in any way, shape, or form!

sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• CONT.....And it is NOT a job! It is a home business so that is why you have to invest money to start it. You would not expect to go open a business in your town without an investment, same thing here. It is sad that people think it is a scam, this is just because they are misinformed :-( Please do your OWN research before you make your decision!
    sassyhettel

• If people only knew to do their homework, they would avoid companies like Ameriplan. Any internet search on The AmeriPlan Scam will yield an alarming number of consumer complaints. Also the Better Business Bureau has 246 complaints list on their site, as well as a Government action against them in 2006.

Any Ameriplan consultant is going to tell you different. But just do a google search for Ameriplan scam and see what you find, you will be shocked at the amount of complaints. Also visit www.bbb.org and see all the complaint they have there. Seeing is believing people!
    Anonymous

• I second that! Stay away from Ameriplan!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Like I said,, we are not associated in ANY way with citi bank and THAT is where the so called "Ameriplan scam" stems from. A company claiming to be Ameriplan when really, we had NOTHING to do with them! Also, yes there are complaints against Ameriplan. ONLY 246 complaints!! We have over 2 MILLION members that use our benefit plans, 60,000 people that work from home with us, and over 100,000 dentists, doctors, pharmacies, vision centers, etc that accpet our plans!

I have to ask you anon have you googledWalmart or Target or McDonadls to see how many complains are against them?? There will be complaints against EVERY business. You can NOT please everyone! And like I said before...people that think Ameriplan is a scam are misinformed.

sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Cont....Call Walmart, Target, Sears, Pearevision, Lenscrafters, CVS, Albertsons and ask them if they accept the Ameriplan discount card. They will ALL say YES!!! If we are a "scam" are you saing that ALL of these companies are "scams" too?! Ameriplan is NOT a scam and anyone who says it is, is either misinformed or they have tried it and given up on it!!
    sassyhettel