Question about BV, Bacterial Vaginosis ?

Does anyone know what causes this and why after treatment it comes back? Yes, married for 16 years, with no other partners. Has anyone tried natural remedies or OTC products?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• Not trying to sound rude...but are you sure you DH doesn't have another partner?
    I dont know what it is or how you get it....I would google it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Actually it is pretty common and you didn't get it from your husband. Some women blame everything on cheating - drama queens. It is very hard to get rid of. I have had it for 2 years and I use the cream prescribed but it always comes back. It smells terrible and eats holes in your underwear from the acidity. It usually is caused by hormones being off balance. If I find anything I will let you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Its caused by a ph balance disorder in the vaginal area due to pregnancy or anything else that can throw off the hormones. I had it with my last pregnancy. I seriously thought that I had some STD and I was about to kill my husband....LOL....The whelps were similar to that of herpes. I went to the doc immediately because it was SO uncomfortable. She gave me a cream called metrogel. I inserted it every night for 3 nights and it got rid of it. I think I had a mild case of it, but had I let it go, I probably would have had to do more rounds. The metro gel is nothing more than metrodiazonale in gel form. Its rx though and not OTC. I feel your pain though. Its the most uncomfortable thing. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Its not only caused by sexual contact, it can be an imbalance in your body. You can get it from wearing your bathing suit too long after you've gotten out of the water, or using a different soap. There are other ways too but I cant remember all. You have to take a prescription for this. Ive had it twice when i was pregnant. I had to take the pill and the gel. Talk to your doc about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• it's the most common infection amoung women...most women confuse it with a yeast infection...bcuz it's very similar except that a yeast infection is so uncomfortable u can barely go a day with one...and most women walk around with bv without really noticing.u can get it from douches, thongs, wiping the wrong way, soaps, or sexual contact witha carrier. men can't get it but they carry it. and if u have it u and ur husband should both take anti biotics.it's a white snot like discharge with a mild fishy odor which usually doesn't itch and i've never heard of sores being associated with it. it's basically a pain n the ass. obviously i know lol!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• p.s some gynos will argue that ur hubby doesn't need 2 take an anti-biotic...if this happens find another gyno. it is very hard 2 get rid of...and if it lasts a long time they'll wanna do tests bcuz over long period of times it can cause cancer. the key is a very good gyno!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2009