• In the Spotlight:

what do you think of lon distance love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• long distance relationships arent for me i couldnt handle that lol. but for some people they can work.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• One word... Complicated!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• There is a saying in Spanish that rhymes and makes sense "Amor de lejos, amor de pendejos"
    translated (but doesn't rhyme) Love from afar, love of idiots.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Actually, my fiance and I met in college and he is from Miami and I am from Minnesota. We spent a lot of our relationship apart because we would both go to our homestates for the holidays and also for Summer. It sucked, but I knew in my heart and my brain that he was THE ONE for me, so now that we have a family of our own, it makes it so much better since it was so hard for us to be apart. Being together with him now makes me cherish everything we have and all that we have been through.
    CammieCoos1018

Answer by CammieCoos1018 at 5:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think if you start off together and have to separate for periods of time it can be done.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• When I met my husband he lived in England and I lived in Canada.  We had a long distance relationship for 10 months until I moved to England.

We have now been happily married for 20 years.

They can work but ultimately someone has to re-locate.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Before I met my DH I was in a five-year long distance relationship. Beeky is right that someone ultimately has to relocate, but it can work. In my case, neither one of us was willing to relocate, so we ended the relationship.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 7:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My husband is English, and I am American....we traveled back and forth to see each other for a year and a half before getting married 6 years ago. Now we both live in the states. It was extremely hard, but we are very happy together and it WAS worth the drama.
    cutelildevil666

Answer by cutelildevil666 at 8:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Only if you have a strong basis of trust.....otherwise, it's not worth the sleepless nights and constant worry...
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If you aren't living together in a committed relationship, it doesn't matter if the other person is across town or across the county, if you have trust issues, then trust -not distance- is your real problem.

That said, the internet and lots of free long-distance gives us a lot better options for long-distance relationships, which can be good for some people, as they tend to be less inhibited online. I think opening yourself up to people who don't live in your immediate area gives you the opportunity to meet and experience so many more people.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2009