How many kids do you think is a good number? I cant decide...

I have always wanted 5 Im not sure why? lol. I have a DD right now, and DH thinks that if the next is a boy we should be done, if its another girl we should try one more time. But I dont want to stop at 2 or 3, I mean two or three would be great, and I should feel lucky that I am able to concieve, I know that. But I really want more than that...is that wrong. I will be going to school while he is in the army to become an RN so we will be able to afford it, by alot. But he still doesn't want to...AND I am not saying I want them all now. I want DD, number two, and number three now, and maybe four and five ten years from now. I am only 18 and he is only 20 so we have PLENTY of time. Am I being selfish in wanting a lot of kids??? How many do you all want?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 1:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• no way you are not selfish! thats great! you sound like a loving mommy!!! you are definitely NOT selfish by wanting to spread your love with children!! :) i want 3 but thats just me.. my SO wants more like 4 maybe 5 there are 6 siblings in his family... so im not sure how many we will end up with it may change...

you sound like you have your head on straight and know what you want in life. your husband as well. i applaud you :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:25 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thanks, I appriciate that, I know Im a good mommy but it is nice to hear lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Youre not being selfish but it is something you both need to agree on. Since you've got time just relax and see where it goes. Maybe after that 2nd or 3rd bundle of joy he'll be more open to having a house full! :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i like my 2 :) one boy, one girl. no more for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Well if you can give them all the attention &how are you going to finish school with all those kids? have time to study? being a nurse is very hard work are u going to have the energy mentally & phiscally? Your very young & think you should wait & the question is how many teenagers do u want? those cute little babies grow up..............good luck in your decision
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If I could give 100% to each child I would have 5 but it's not realistic they are so much work I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out I would be pulling myself to thin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ok so your 18 so haven't been married that long I figure Please wait to see how your relationship is going b4 you have anymore in my line of work I have seen so many young couples gung ho about having alot of kids & the girls are left to raise the kids by themselves like I said just wait it out you have your whole life ahead of you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• she wasnt asking anything about her age about her being selfish in that way she was just asking how many kids is too much. in general.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I dont appriciate all the negative things being said here. My DH and I have been together for four years, and we got married before I was 18, with parental permission. Him and I are both very mature...not to metion that age has NOTHING to do with getting a divorce, there are plenty of people in their 20s 30 and 40 (and even higher) who get divorces. We are happy, in love and taking care of our family! Plus, I DONT WANT ANY OF MY CHILDREN TO HAVE DIFFERENT dads even if something were to happen.

BTW...If I could finish high school, and go to beauty college while taking care of a baby, I can go to college and take care of one. I dont think you people should judge me based on age, I am a good wife and an AMAZING mother and that should be all that counts!!!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You post a public question & you are going to get responses...and they aren't all going to be just what you want to hear. That's the harsh reality of life. I've seen way worse on here then these few piddly answers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2009