• In the Spotlight:

How do I deal with night terror's in my child and is there such a thing as day terror's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• anytime when they are sleeping they can get them. i got them for a while when i was sick :( it was horrible but i got them for a while after i wasnt sick too. anyway my mom just comforted me when i had them and talked to me normal and would hug on me and stuff idk they just slowly went away for me.... good luck, poor girl they are horrible, i hate them!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Not sure, my son has what I think you are writing about. I judge my reaction by how he reacts when I walk in the room. If he looks at me or speaks to me, I will go and comfort him and help him lay back down. If he doesn't really look at me and doesn't address me, I do not speak and just rub him lightly on the back or arm and gently guide him back down to his pillow. He never speaks about the latter scenes so he doesn't remember them. Not sure about day terrors - is she awake or sleeping?
    downtowner

Answer by downtowner at 7:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009