How can I kill fleas in my apartment without having to bomb the place? I'm on bedrest I can't leave the house!!!!

Stupid cat picked up fleas I need to kill them!!! I can't leave the house b/c I'm on bedrest. How do I get rid of them without having to leave??

1stimemomof1

Asked by 1stimemomof1 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pets

• A good spray that kills all stages of life from EGG to Adult...just spray it one room at a time, let it dry and move to the next one.... In a month you have have to redo it. Also contact your vet and get the cat on something like advantage.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• fleas are hard to kill you might need to call a pest company they are dangerous so you ust need profeesional help.
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I just has this problem. Yep , they suck. Anyway,this is the way I got rid of them. Buy Raid for fleas for house use. Spray one room at a time and leave that room for a few hours. Vaccum, vaccum. I vacummed about 3 times aday. Yes, this method takes a little time to get them all, b/c you have to spray again in a week or 2 to get rid of the eggs that have hatched. You can call a pro, but they are $$ and the ones I called didnt garentee the work.
    kimsamomof3

Answer by kimsamomof3 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• hey melissa, i used to work for a pest control company. you'd probably be able to call a company to have them do a treatment without you having to bomb the whole place but it would probably require you to leave the room they are treating for a few hours. especially being pregnant and having a little one they should not treat while you are home and not let you come back for a few hours. i dont remember if our company even treated fleas but i imagine it would be similar to treating bed bugs. they have to treat the mattress, linens, carpet etc to kill any eggs. then youd have to do lots of vacuuming. it probably wont be a cheap treatment if you call professional though. hopefully you can find something in a store that can work.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 10:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• This is the best advice you will ever get regarding fleas. Go to your pet store and buy some Brewer's yeast and garlic pills. The fleas dont like the taste of the garlic. Give your cat one pill a day and within a few days you will see a difference. My mother had a flea problem and within a week of taking the pills, the fleas were gone. She had this ongoing battle with fleas for almost six months. Just try it and you will see.
    jennsistrunk

Answer by jennsistrunk at 10:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• First I want to say you know about not being able to ttouch a litter box right?! Second, put your pet on frontline(its the best) and vaccum, daily. But right after you vaccum remove the bag filter (everything) and take it directly outside. Fleas will live and breed in your vaccum if you dont. I have 3 cats and a dog, it worked for me within weeks. and we have been flea free ever since.
    MeganLSBartz

Answer by MeganLSBartz at 12:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• If you treat the cat you kill the fleas!!! Also vacumming makes the eggs hatch faster in the rug and you pick them up and kill them. Change the bag everyday and vacumm every day. Also buy a spray to speed the process up. Maybe your daughter has a rash from the fleas and not the cat.?
    luvme110699

Answer by luvme110699 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008