Do you think someone that is rich like(ophra,bill gates,the bushs,the obamas,) could live off of your pay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sure! That is, if they don't mind living off a budget, eating generic brand foods, not going out for entertainment, not going shopping for frivolous items, driving older vehicles, doing their own house and yard work, going to work all hours of the day and night, and doing without so their children can have the basic necessities.
    Ayuh! It can be done! Send them on over and I'll have them trained in no time at all.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think that it would be incredibly hard for them to do. I think that people like Obama could def do it. i dont know why, but he seems like the kind of person who doesnt need a lot of things to get by. As for Oprah, she grew up with nothing, so maybe going back from being one of the richest people in America (the world?) to being super poor, would be a little harder for her to do. What do you think?
    CammieCoos1018

Answer by CammieCoos1018 at 5:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• no i don't think obama, bush, bill gates, or opera could live off my pay. well better yet, i suppose any rich person thats use to bling could if they had to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• no i dont think they could no matter how hard i budget its still very hard and when the bills are paid for the month boom we get a new bill. would love to swhich and see though..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think if they have been poor in the past they would be more likely to live on little money, like "oh yeah I've been there before I can do this" but if they were born into money then NO it would be too much of a "culture shock". This past summer when gas prices and then food prices were raising out of control I said that the big oil execs and such should have to live 6 months at or near poverty level so they would really know what their profits are doing to the "little people".
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm sure they could , I doubt they would but yep they could.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes. And they'd be smart enough to know how to turn it into the millions they have now.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• HA! In a pig's eye! LOL! I do think that welfare workers should be forced to live on welfare for a year before they're allowed to make decisions for their clients. Maybe with a little experience, they wouldn't be so snotty and look down on people that need a little help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• They could get along on my salary. They are smart or they wouldn't be where they are, and they would learn to adjust to watching every penny.

Answer by Bmat at 8:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• They could.... but they wouldn't be happy about it. I'm not starving to death, and neither would they.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 8:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009