Do many of you deal with eating disorders such as anerexia or bulemia?

I heard on the news that it is not just young girls that are being diagnosed with eating disorders today! There are an alarming # of Moms and grown women who are dealing with this as well!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• In high school I battled bulimia and to be honest sometimes I wish I was still like that. I am plump now but more importantly I have a child growing inside of me and I refuse to do anything that may cause my child harm. After the baby is born I plan on getting wii fit and working my butt off and losing weight in a more healthier way.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 7:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I dealt with anorexia and bulemia from the time I was 12 all the way up to 21 years of age. It was really tough. I'm thirty now. Every once in awhile I think about starving to lose a few pounds and even purging myself. I will actually do it for a few days to a week.Then I think about how grumpy I'll be around my 3year old.How I might not have enough energy for him because I'm starving my body. The thought that if I keep it up I could die just like I almost did when I was a teen is what puts me back on track. I wouldn't be around for my son.His health, safety and happiness is way more important then the size of my waist.
    callico

Answer by callico at 8:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I've dealt w. anorexia since middle school. It's something that doesn't go away. Everyday is a struggle, but my son gives me the strength to stay healthy.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 10:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I had anorexia in high school and i battle with it still today. I got a lil chub now but I still go through spurts where I hate the way I look so much that I eat less than 300cal a day for over a week.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I sometimes can have a bulemic episode of expelling my food under the guise that I am cleansing my body... I am five eight and in my thirties and weigh 125 the fattest I have ever been after having four children my normal weight is 117 so I deal with everyday. For my children exspecially my two daughter who are seven I try to think of other things besides my weight. Since they already ask me if they are fat and they are skinny as tooth pics. So if you find the cure let me know other than that I just surround myself by family and friends who can support me and my mother is always yelling at me if I drop under 120
    Anonymous

• i'm 20 and struggling with anorexia... my weight and apperance is always in the back of my mind.
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 4:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2008