i want to change baby's name? What do u think?

ok i know how this sounds. i feel guilty. i've never thought of doing this w/ 3 other children. Their names were absolute w/no regret. anyways my 2 month old girls name is Brooklyn. & no i didn't name her after brooklyn,new york. That's kind of why i want to change her name along w/ people thinking it's a boy's name! Apparently this happens often enough to be given a technical name.It's called "namers regret". what do u all think? i feel terrible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never thought it was a boys name. Brooke is a pretty name why not just call her Brooke if you don't like it. I have a girl cousin named Brooke and I have always thought it was pretty.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 9:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I wanted to change my 3yr old's name shortly after he was born...but hubby wouldnt let me :(
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 6:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i like the name brooklyn. my daughters name is bailey and when i say her name people that dont know her thinks its a boy too, does it bother me? sometimes,but when people see her they automatically know she is not a boy. it is up to you if you want to change the name but i like it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Well in my opinion: you should think about the name BEFORE you name your child.

you chosed that name for a good reason, right?! So why no regreting and feeling bad about it. its your childs name, your child is unique - no matter what name she has. You liked this name for a good reason.

i wouldnt change it. Even though i dont like the name Brooklyn. But there are many people out there who dont like the name of my daughter either. but i dont give a **** ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Depending on your state, like in Utah you can change the name on the birth certificate any time up until the fifth birthday, with out a court order.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• did you ever consider calling her by her middle name. my dh's original name was a southern male name that got turned into a female name. but his middle name is what everyone called him (his bio dad had the exact same name, but still goes by his middle name which is my dh's first name now) when dh's mom divorced and remarried, they renamed my dh, taking his middle name and making it is first name and giving him a new middle name. but i know a LOT of people who go by their middle name. infact, some of them i never knew their real name until much later in life!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My daughters name is Boston and she doesnt have much hair so sometimes when i say it they think shes a boy. But dont sweat it. I love Brooklyn.. if we didnt have a Boston my other would be a Brooklyn. you could also consider calling her Brooke and spelling it BROOK... that is my sisters name and no one is naming their child that now.. I think it takes sometime for a chiilds name to stick with them. I personally wouldnt change it.. think of all that birth certificate stuff youll have to do.. ugh!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• A friend of mine has a 10 year old named Brooklyn - I love it!!! I think its great. Keep it. I thought about changing mybaby's name because Sarah didn't fit her - but now I am glad I didn't change it.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 8:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• When you look at her, do you see a Brooklyn? Brook? Lyn? or something different.
    I debated a bit on what I named my son and finally made up my mind after asking myself if he looked more like a Connor or a Jack.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 8:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Do whatever YOU feel is best. Not one person on here can tell you what to do, even if some folks like it or not. I personally wouldn't ask this question are here because some women are just crude and rude. Take time to think about and do what is best for your child. Give us an update. Take care.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009