Will You Contact Your Senator?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-thrift2-2009jan02,0,2083247.story

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpsia.pdf

http://www.rallycongress.com/make-second-hand-kids-clothes-legal-/1471/view_all/

Here is the website, just put in your state and you zip and it will link you up.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take 5 minutes of your time to write him/her and ask that the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act not be allowed to go into affect the way it is written.

No custom made kids clothing, hair bows, etc.
No custom made burp clothes, etc.
No resale shops for kids clothes
No Goodwill for kids clothes
No Ebay for kids clothes
No Etsy for kids clothes

No resale of toys.

THIS IS FOR REAL.

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 7:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. Personally I find this to be a very good thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• No, I will not. It was passed by the people who were voted into their political seats that represent their districts, and evidently the majority want it into effect. Be more careful the next time you go to vote.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm sure there will be A LOT more "buyer's remorse" once Obama gets in!!! This is just the tip of the iceberg! It's sad, but when you vote blindly or for superficial reasons, this is what you get. Once again, I TOTALLY agree with akinbottom2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• ya know every day i get on here usually in a good mood and then i run into all the asses and my mood pretty much goes down the drain. you all make me feel as miserable as you are. alot of people count on the second hand stores i know i do alot of times and i am sure alot of you have to. and if you don't want to do it then don't but you don't have to post rude remarks about it either. dedicated you got my vote.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The real problem lies in the fact that this has already been voted on and will go into effect, no matter who you contact. Now isn't the time to do it. Last May was the time to do it. You don't keep tabs on your elected officials, but expect them to know telepathically what you are thinking. They don't send out info on the things they are voting on, that's your responsibility to keep tabs on what they are doing and what they are proposing. Maybe look for a site that has petitions to block this going into effect, that might be more helpful in stopping this stupid legislation. Best to keep tabs on things that are going up for a vote in the future, and let them know what you think of every piece of legislation they are voting on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I do agree that it's a little late -- people have been aware of this for a LONG TIME, this isn't news. However, this shouldn't stop you from doing something. Go find the petition sites and join. Doing something is better than doing nothing. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call to people to pay attention to the laws that are being created and passed.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Oh, please! You expect people to pay attention to details like bills and laws BEFORE they go into effect?! How many questions have you seen posted asking "when does Obama take over?!" Or, who's gonna watch the Obama's move in to their new home?! Or what Obama's kids are havign for lunch (seriously, their school menu is available online!) You know, all the REALLY important stuff!!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree its a little too late...unfortunate...because I love shopping at second hand stores. There are still garage sales!! Yay!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I will. This really sucks... especially for those of us who can't afford to buy brand new clothing, or those who just choose to save the money by buying second hand. If this goes into effect, I'm clearing out the second-hand stores ASAP b/c it's so much money to buy new stuff.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2009