A positive plus O positive makes what blood type for our baby?

Shortma197

Asked by Shortma197 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2011 in Health

• the blood types don't mix. The child usually gets the mom's blood type

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2011

• This can really be more complicated than you would think.

This is a great resource (Clicky)

Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2011

• Don't just look at your blood type...DH and I are both O pos and DD is O neg (only 1 O neg in our families-my FIL).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2011

• Plus, rarely, a child will have a blood type that isn't either the mom's or the dad's.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2011

• It is definitely more complicated than you would think, as Brawnwyn indicated. For example, my mother is B negative and my father is A positive. I am O positive.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2011

• I'm A- and my husband is A+. One kid is A- the other is O-. At the delivery they had to give me a special drug so the next pregnancy if the baby would have been a + blood type my body wouldn't reject the baby. It happens if the parents are different + or - and not the A,B, O or AB. Your ob/gyn could answer that question for you.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2011

• It depends on what the secondary genes are really. Blood types are made up of two genes. So someone with A blood could have AA or AO blood. Someone with O blood can only have OO blood though. As for the +, it could be ++ or +-. So it is complicated and hard to tell. My wife as A+ blood and I have O+ blood, our kids have O+ blood.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2011

• no idea
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2011