Does lip color look good on thin lips?

I've got myself some pretty thin lips. I want to look nice, but I feel like lip color only emphasizes how thin my lips are.

What do you gals think?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• A lighter shade color is fine. Also gloss tends to make thin lips look a little more full so you may want to put a bit of that on over any color you might add or even without color. A dab in the center of your lips with a bit on the rest will make them pop.
    mamaparks87

Answer by mamaparks87 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2011

• Well, for me personally (I have very, very thin lips) light shades make my lips look non-existent, but darks make them look fuller. For my BFF who has fuller lips, it's the opposite, and for most other people I know. On me, black lipstick makes my lips look as full as my BFF's, but her lips look thinner than mine are when she wears it. The same is true for me with glosses. I say try out something in a color you like (but make sure it compliments your skin tone), that is not super pale or super dark and see how it looks, then go from there.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2011

• I have thin lips and I look the best in medium dark mauve colors. The key is to find a good lip liner that matches the lip color, This gives them shape and makes them look a bit fuller.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 1:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2011

• Any dark color (like red) will draw more attention to thin lips. Use a color slightly darker than your natural color and top with a shimmery gloss
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2011

• I have also heard the trick in the first answer about not going TOO dark with the color and putting a dab of gloss in the center of your lip. There are also lipsticks/glosses that claim to pump up your lips. I haven't tried it, but noticed CoverGirl has a line of Plumpers or something like that out the other day - I'm sure most other major companies have followed suit.

Answer by missanc at 10:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2011

• Your avatar pic?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• Tasches, yes :) That's me.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2011