How do you work your business around your kids?

Do you call working around your kids in the room ... home with you. Or do you get a baby sitter while you are working

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• I work a home business where I dont have to worry about if my kids are being loud or not. I would say that getting a sitter kind of defeats the purpose of being a work from home mom...?
    Anonymous

• ALL my customers know I am home with kids. HOWEVER I do plan 1 hour 1 night a week where I have my office hours. Hubby is in charge:) If I go out to a home party then Hubby is with them. If he's got plans (not often) we do have a sitter down the road.
    Do you have a home business you do or do are you looking?? Please consider Tupperware. my2.tupperware.com/amyroca it's fun easy and a way to get some adult conversation in. OH and you make your schedule.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 7:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I do all of my online work while the kids are around and then during nap time, outside play and crayon time is when I make my phone calls. They are pretty good about it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i work all though out the day weather my sons up or not thats the great thing about working from home if they here your kids than they can think well she dose really work from home theres nothing wrong with then hearing your kids unless your not aloud to have back ground noise i love what i do and never worry about my 11 month old making nosie
    www.stayinhomeandlovinit.com/DanielleR
    tigger81007

Answer by tigger81007 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I run a daycare out of my home. My children are my life. This was really the only way to spend a large amount of time with them and not have to pay for childcare or work outside the home. My kids need me... I'd rather raise my kids myself and not pay a daycare to do it. I am lucky that I can make that choice. Not all moms can. Some have to work outside of the home.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 2:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I've been working at home for over a year and I've been able to find some successful jobs working at home as an independent contractor, I got some information through this site and I've gotten a lot of help try visiting the site and give them a try, they may be able to help you out if your trying to build your own business, I know they've help me. :)
    http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/livelonger
    WAHMLivingHappy

Answer by WAHMLivingHappy at 11:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009