Help?

With my hubby working long hours and us having three kids it's hard to get alone time let alone getting out of the house. We do not have a sitter. I really don't like asking my mother even though she probably would. She is sick and I feel like I am taking advantage of her by even asking to her to babysit even if it's only for a few hours.
Any suggestions what we can do for Valentines day even though it's over a month away? When we do go out I feel guilty about leaving them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• it sounds like your best bet is to put kiddos to bed early and have alone time that way but you also have think about the fact if your mom is sick you may feel like you are taking advantage but she may feel like you are robbing her of pericous time to spend with her grandkids, either way i think the best idea for alone time when it is so hard to get is to spend the night in and a special day like valentines you could plan a speical evening of reconnecting since your alone time is so rare
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 9:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Maybe you could feed and bathe the kids early, buy them a new movie they've all been itching to see and put them to bed with a movie on and enjoy either a quiet dinner alone.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Candlelight dinner after the kids go to bed.

runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 8:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Is your mom the only one who can babysit? Never feel bad about having time away from the kids. You and your husband, and your marriage need it. And it doesn't hurt the kids to be away from the two of you from time to time. Perhaps mom could watch the kids after they've been put down for the night?
    qed

Answer by qed at 10:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• ged, yes my mother is the only one. I wouldn't dare ask my hubby's siblings, they don't even watch their own kids.

It would be better for my mother to watch them after they go down for the night. She will usually let my older son come back downstairs and play wii lol.

Anonymous

• I feel your pain, but sometimes the real world wins.

If you're not in the situation to go out, then do something at home. We all have had to sacrifice things when money or time was tight. It's a fact of life.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009