• In the Spotlight:

confused about cervix and CM

Ok so I never tried to do all this checking my cervix and CM stuff before. I was very lucky and got pregnant easily with my first 2. So now I am trying all of it and I am getting confused. I know it takes a few months to get used to what everything is and what it feels like. I have a very irregular cycle. So I have no clue when I ovulate or when AF will decide to show up. I barely get any signs IF ANY when AF comes. It just appears one day. ANYWAY....... I have noticed that today my cervix is VERY high today. (almost impossible to find) BUT it seems like I don't have any CM, and the cervix feels kinda firm still. So I don't know what to think.

I also have been breaking out for some reason and I don't know why. I never break out this badly. Face and CHEST is that a sign of ovulation???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The cervix being high is a good sign. Mucus should be thin, yet stringy. Not too thick, the sperm can't swim if so, but not so thin that the mucus can't hold them. I hope this helps. Breaking out could be from changing hormone levels, which occur from around the ovulatory period through actual mens. Just have sex from day 12 through day 20 of your cycle, every other day only(to allow his count to replenish) and you should be covering bases. Kinda takes the guess work and self exams out. Good luck girl!
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Try charting your temperature as well, that will tell you for sure when you ovulated and when to expect your period (it's been a lifesaver for me, I have extremely irregular periods, so I do it even when not TTC just to know). I never really got the cervix thing, but I do know that you're supposed to check it at the same time and preferably in the same position every day so you'll notice any changes, because apparently it can change during the day as well. The mucus is different for everyone, but fertile mucus usually looks like eggwhites (literally), and there's more of it than normal. The best thing is to monitor it for a couple of months so you'll get to know your norms, and that'll make it easier for you.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am checking my Temp. and It all has been low so I know I haven't ovulated yet, and I have been doing the cervix thing and everything all around the same time AND same position. So I think I have it all coverd lol. Just have to get used to it all like you said. : )
    I am on CD 29! so the whole try between 12-20 thing is out for me LMAO! We are still doing it as much as possible anyway to be sure.

Thanks!!!
    Anonymous