online payday advances

what's your take on it. We are desperate.

runnyvenom

Asked by runnyvenom at 7:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't do any kind of payday advances....especially ones ONLINE!! Is there family that can loan you some money just till payday???
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Bad idea.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I got one from paydayone.com. It was smooth, but maybe too easy. they let you extend the loan three times, but charge you for another loan each time, and, well, we paid alot. If you don't extend the loan, then it's pretty good for a temp. fix. They directly deposit money into your bank account and you set up the date for when they can take their money out.
    scratch_n_sniff

Answer by scratch_n_sniff at 7:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Don't do it. They charge sometimes around 30%+ in interest charges. You'd be better off getting a personal loan through your bank or asking someone for help.
    LMGarrett

Answer by LMGarrett at 7:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't do it because I've done the paper payday advance and ended owing money. I'm sure online payday advances works the same way. But if times are hard, "sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do".
    NuMommy87

Answer by NuMommy87 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Those types of places are evil!! Stay away! They charge you like 400% interest and that could severely screw up your credit. Say you borrow $1000 from them, in two weeks are you going to be able to pay back $4000?? Talk to your bosses, will they let you have a paycheck advance? Mine does and he doesn't charge interest either. Some employers will make you show them the bill taht you need paid before they give you any extra cash up front.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I would stay away from that. Bad idea... If you are desperately in need of assistance, contact a local church or health and welfare office. Ask a family member. Do anything but pay a huge amount in interest. That will end you owning more than you borrowed, and possibly worse off financially.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 2:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• OMG!!!! DON'T DO IT!!! YOU WILL END UP PAYING BACK MORE THAN YOU BORROWED AND IF YOU DON'T PAY IT BACK ON TIME THEY WILL HOUND YOU LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE....I'M SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. DONT DO I T!!!!
    Slpingbuty

Answer by Slpingbuty at 8:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Dont do it please. The APR on those are insane. You will end up further behind.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2008