Crest Vivid or Arm and Hammer toothpaste ?

I am trying to whiten my teeth - these are the two I have heard great reviews about on here - which one is best ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use the Crest Vivid. Even after the first time I noticed a brighter smile.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Crest works better.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am a dental hygienist. The only thing whitening toothpastes do is remove surface stains. Most are designed to maintain the whiteness after you have had your teeth bleached. Be careful not to use them too frequently. Some can be too abrasive for every day use.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Colgate Total whitening. Arm and Hammer tastes nasty. We used Crest Vivid, but it was more expensive and it was a smaller package. We tried Colgate to save some $$ and like it a LOT better. My teeth were professionally whitened, so I use it for maintenence, but hubbys are whiter from just using the Colgate Total.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2009