moms anger mangement group

how can i find a local moms group where moms meet to talk about anger management? didn't help much to go through my county listings and i don't want a formal group. just looking for a local group of moms who openly and supportively talk about how they deal with anger within their families...

sukale

Asked by sukale at 9:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you find a group let me know how if works out. I feel that I've come a long way in controlling my anger but do have moments where I get quite angry still.
    If you ever want to chat about your anger moments msg me and we can support eachother!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• call 2-1-1. It's free and they are a great resource to find places in your community that meet your needs.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If you can't find one, maybe you could start one?Sorry if this sounds long and maybe more than you're looking for. But maybe get some friends, neighbors, co workers, church members that live nearby, have children close to the age of yours and are feeling the same way. And you can take turns meeting at each other's house once a week, once or twice a month (whatever all of you decide on), do some research on anger management (or whatever topic you're talking about at that meeting), print copies for all the moms, have all of you make "journals" to put your anger, frustration, etc. down and have all of you come up with at least one suggestion, list them and at the next meeting, have everyone talk about how things went since you last met. Sometimes, it just takes someone to get the ball rolling. GL and hope this helps some!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009