can you drip

can you drip fluid and not gush if your water is broking

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. In fact, the majority of people don't gush. That is mainly a movie thing, used to show more drama. I had a slow leak with my daughter and just trickled for 5 weeks before I had her.If you think your water may have broken however, keep track of your temp.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes, I actually had my water break in Toys R Us. I thought it was just normal pregnacy discharge, but when it wouldnt stop and it became an annoyance I went to the doc, and yep my water was broke.
    blindfate517

Answer by blindfate517 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my doctor says no, I thought I was dripping when preg. w/ my son, your discharge just tends to get watery...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes. I leaked fluid from about 6 1/2 months on with Kaden. His fluid got so low that his lungs were very underdeveloped and they had to deliver him anyhow. He's fine now, but I wish I would have said something sooner b/c they may have been able to do something. DEF talk to your Dr.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If you think your water is broken, then it is important that you call the doctor and make sure you are seen. You cannot continue a pregnancy with broken membranes.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009