I cant get my baby out of my bed !

My daughter slept in bed with me until she was 2 months old. Then I started putting her in her bassinet and she was fine - I would put her in awake and she would fall asleep on her own. It was perfect... then it got cold - she was about 5 1/2 months old. I pulled her back into my bed because I didnt want her to get chilly bc our house was really cold at that point - we didnt have wood for the fireplace yet. Now that we have wood and it is warmer in the house - I have been trying to put her back in her own bed-she just turned 7 months.She screams and screams. The other day she got so upset she started to throw up. The minute I picked her up she stopped crying. I would keep co-sleeping with her but she is getting big and kicks me and punches me in her sleep alot, keeping me awake, and everytime I move, it wakes her up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have the same problem, but its my fault..i don't like her to sleep in her own bed but when i put her in her crib for a few days she gets used to it. but then i put back in my bed!! anyways..get her to sleep in your bed, then move her to her crib when she's asleep, eventually she'll be able to fall asleep in her crib.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Start slow. Put her in her bed and sit in a chair next to her till she falls asleep. If she gets out, put her back. But don't talk to her. Just put her back and sit back down. After she starts falling asleep with you by the bed, move to the doorway, then outside the door with it mostly closed. After that you shouldn't have any problems. It may take a few weeks, but it's worth it!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 9:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I had the same problem. My daughter is only 3 weeks old but she has become very accustomed to sleeping with my in the morning after hubby goes to work. She takes great naps in her crib as well as her bassinet during the day adn usually at night. However sometimes at night after a feeding it's reallly hard to get her to stay asleep once she leaves me arms. Tonight I'm going to try swaddling her tightly (chest down of course) and then rocking with her. I think the transition from arms to cradle may not be as rough as before-I hope it works for you!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Try the magic sleepsuit. It will keep her warm and help he go to sleep and stay asleep. www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous