• In the Spotlight:

Tyra Show

Is anyone watching the Tyra Banks show on teen pregnancy? This is nuts!! I'm 18 and 8 months pregnant, and ya know what.. I didn't ask for this, and if I could do it again, I would be older and more mature before I got pregnant. These girls are 13 and TRYING to get pregnant! They want to be like Jamie Lynn Spears, and they think a baby will bring them and the person they're screwing CLOSER! This is insane. I'm so pissed off right now! I gave up a hell of a lot for this pregnancy, and I am lucky enough to have a firefighter husband, whose income is enough to raise a family.. These girls don't even have jobs! Please tell me someone else is watching this, and give me your input on this episode and these girls.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Umm you did ask for it , because you decided to have sex. I was 16 when I had my first son, and guess what I had sex there fore I asked for it. Yes I do think its crazy when kids are having sex to only get pregnant.
    blindfate517

Answer by blindfate517 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Having sex doesn't mean you're asking to get pregnant, but thanks for being bitchy. What I meant by saying "I didn't ask for this" is the girls on the show were ACTUALLY TRYING to get pregnant by not using protection, no birth control, nothing. They were literally trying to get pregnant. I used protection, I took precautions, I wasn't TRYING to get pregnant.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 10:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• yeh sex dont mean ur asking for it at all... i was on the nuva ring for 6 months before i got pregnant and used condems until it was affective.....i dnt regret getting pregnant at all and im grateful also that my SO income is enough for our family....... some ppl are just ignorant... i love the tyra show but im not watching it right now but those episodes are fuckin crazy.... they have no clue what they r getting into and its sad how they think it will bring them "closer" to their SO....or fling or something.... they will learn the hard way and the mothers will end up taking care of the babies... i see shit like that happen with GROWN FOLK ya kno.... and it will be an experience they can share for the next person with that mind setting; if they choose to do that and get pregnant..... crazy kidss.... that never crossed my mind wen i was 13.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ok I wasnt being bitchy, so dont fly off the handle there, also shared my experience. But come on now, ive been married for 6 years. Every time I have sex I know that I could get pregnant, BC fails. So by me saying ohhh i didnt ask for the pregnancy, well if u didnt ask for it, and did not want it DONT HAVE SEX!!!
    blindfate517

Answer by blindfate517 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• you are completely ridiculous! Just because you have sex doesn't mean you're trying to get pregnant. Okay there are also diseases out there... So, because I had sex once, I was not only ASKING to get pregnant, but I was asking for Aids, Chlamydia, Genital warts, Herpes, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis and Syphilis?
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 10:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• im sry but.....

LMAO!......
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• yeah i saw the same show and was digusted and snnoyed but there are alot ofteen girls who feel like that and i think its just sad
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i know, it is really sad.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You have your opinion, I have mine. Its just sad that if I give mine, you cant respect that. I respect yours, doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
    blindfate517

Answer by blindfate517 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2009