Tyra Show: Teen Pregnancy Epidemic

Is anyone watching the Tyra Banks show on teen pregnancy? This is nuts!! I'm 18 and 8 months pregnant, and ya know what.. I didn't ask for this, and if I could do it again, I would be older and more mature before I got pregnant. These girls are 13 and TRYING to get pregnant! They want to be like Jamie Lynn Spears, and they think a baby will bring them and the person they're screwing CLOSER! This is insane. I'm so pissed off right now! I gave up a hell of a lot for this pregnancy, and I am lucky enough to have a firefighter husband, whose income is enough to raise a family.. These girls don't even have jobs! Please tell me someone else is watching this, and give me your input on this episode and these girls.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• they all need therapy, and a reality check. maybe Jaime Lynn should do a show and they could see how hard it really is to be a mom.

kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Seriously.. I think Jamie needs a reality tv show just to show these young girls who have been looking up to her for so long.. that being pregnant isnt easy, it's not fun, and you need money to take care of that baby. But then again... I'm sure there will be plenty of "mommy-baby moments" that is going to make these girls just want a child even more! There's no winning. So many young girls have been affected by Jamie getting pregnant. It's no excuse, but they're young, naive, and stupid.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I call 'em as I see 'em. They are stupid whores. They more than likely learned that behavior at home. "Celebrities" just are not that powerful to coerce a teen into sex and pregnancy. I feel sorry for the babies born to them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I can not believe you are calling 12-13 yo Whores?!?!? WTF.... These kids have most likely only seen the good side of being a mom. The wonderful awww moments. Prob never heard a baby cry for 12 hours straight, for no ryme or reason. They just don't understand. Yes I do think it has to do with alot of parents thinking that there kids aren't old enough for the talk yet. Or waiting to late. Or not doing it at all. Since we have started sex ed alot of parents think that should be enough for our kids. Well it is far from it. I barely rember anything I learned in sex ed. What I did I was so embarresed being in there with a mixed group I couldn't ask ?'s or anything. CONT>>>
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• So I think alot of it is the parents fault. If you learn your teen is wanting a baby. You should make them baby sit a very young infant, a toddler, and a teenager. You want to see them squirm when it isn't so darn cute anymore. When it isn't just give em a bottle and go. Parents should explain when they have a child at such a young age. They will be the ones up at night, they will be here on the w/e taking care of there child, you will not be babysitting for them, ect. CONT>>
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Let them get a goood whole pic of things. Perhaps then, they would be like Heck no!! I think that would be a great form of bc there. And if you even suspect your teen wants/has/is going to you should have them put on bc/ and show them how to use a condom properly. Also don't forget to mention all those nasy little std's, no not just aids and hiv. Those std's that you will have for the rest of your life, having to tell every person you are with you contracted it from being promisucuous. I think it would change alot of little girls minds. JMO
    lovinmomto3

• I would GLADLY give them my son for a week and they'll realize what the magnitude of raising a child is.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• lovinmomto3 is COMPLETELY correct! These teens are only seeing the happy "awwww" moments and they need to be shown what its really like having a baby! They need to realize the money that's sent, the countless hours they'll stay up with that baby trying to make it stop crying, not realizing they have the worst ear ache in the world! They need to be put in a real life situation, and then hopefully they'll realize what they're trying to get themselves into!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Its sad these girls are wanting to have a baby. Some girls feel that having a baby will fill that void they have where they feel they are not loved enough by someone. Some ppl just have to learn the hard way, telling them the facts and letting them take a real baby for a couple of hours might not make a difference.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• OMG! I am watching it right now and this girl says she is trying to get pregnant but has had a miscarriage and 2 abortions! WTF?!?!?! If you are trying to get pregnant why are you getting an abortion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2009