What age did you move your baby into a toddler bed ?

my daughter just turned one.. we arent moving her anytime soon but i was just curious when you other moms moved your kids? she is our second child and very very smart. i feel like because she is the second she does things sooner and faster. shes much more adventurous then our son. and when she wants to get into something, on something or around something you bet your butt she is guna try. lol she already lifts her leg up as though she wants to climb out but is no where near able to yet. we are moving in feb. to a apartment where the kids will be sharing a room. my son is 3 and in a toddler bed.. and we'll be living there for a year.. so that would make my daughter just over 2 yrs & 3 months old before we move from the apartment into a actual house again.. so that would mean im probably switching her into a toddler bed at some point in there correct? our son i think was JUST over 2 when he made the switch [he didnt climb out of the crib, he was just potty trained and needed to get up to the potty on his own]

kp0469

Asked by kp0469 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 29 month old is still in her crib. She doesn't try to climb out and isn't potty trained yet, so I'd rather keep her out of things while we're sleeping, lol.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 4:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• 18 months. She started trying to climb INTO her crib. If I would have had the room, she would have went straight to a twin/full size as the toddler bed is really a waste of money.

I wouldn't change her to a toddler bed at the same time as you move. Too many changes are traumatic on a child. Do one and let her get used to it and then do the other.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• never,we went to a twin bed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• Oh,he was 2 1/2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• Never, mine all went straight to twin beds around 2.

Answer by missanc at 3:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• My oldest DD went into a toddler bed at 20 months. My younger DD did at 19 months.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• my kids have the convertable cribs that turn into the toddler beds and then eventually become full size beds.. the toddler bed looks like a day bed with the side rail on it so they dont roll out so it makes me feel better having them lower to the ground and not falling out [my kids sleep all over the place] i have actually seen her lift up her leg and try to climb into the crib as well. but again. no where near succesfull yet.. Also when we moved into the house we are in right now.. we intoduced our sons room as his new big boy bedroom! and he had his crib turned into the toddler bed. and it had new fun bedding. he loved it. he got on and off and on and off of it at least a dozen times. So we'll see how my daughter deals.. i was just curious when other moms made the change. thanks :]
    kp0469

Comment by kp0469 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• We moved the older son to a twin bed when he was about 2 1/2 because the other son was coming and we didn't want the older boy to think the baby had taken his crib. The younger son was about 2 when we moved him to a twin, because he started climbing out of the crib.

Answer by Bmat at 3:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• About the time she was starting to use her crib as another plaything (climbing in, climbing out, etc) we moved her into a toddler bed. She was 25 months.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 3:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2011

• 18 months, moved him into a twin bed. He was climbing in and out of his crib.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2011