• In the Spotlight:

Who can I contact to report a disgusting kennel?

My dogs came home with ticks from this kennel. The kennel was just plain disgusting and smelled of urine!

jennsistrunk

Asked by jennsistrunk at 7:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pets

• Animal Control or notify the police departemnt we called both on a house that had a dog in the back yard in the dead of heat and it looked like it was starving poor puppy, there was no water around.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 7:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• If you have an animal humane society in your area or an ASPCA, that is who you would contact. Call the local sheriff's office as well if you cant find the info through the phone book or internet for your area. They are always willing to direct my call where it needs to go if I cant find the right information. Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 2:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would call your local spca..and report what is going on at this shelter..that is not healthy for those poor animals that have to stay there...
    Adnil

Answer by Adnil at 1:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i would call your local animal control center if i were you.
    angelsmommy2008

Answer by angelsmommy2008 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Call, Police Dept-they will forward you to their Animal welfare/Cruelity Dept., Your ASPCA, Better Business Bureau, Write a review on the Internet, Word of Mouth. Good Luck..Oh, where do you live (State) and what is the name of the kennel? In South Jersey We all - South Philly included - use Country Kennels..AMAZING, THEY ARE THE BEST!
    Marnan

Answer by Marnan at 3:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Your local humane officer. They are normally found in your local animal shelter or ASPCA. If all else fails you can contact the police. They can direct you to the proper people to call.
    firewinky38

Answer by firewinky38 at 4:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• Make sure to contact the better business bereau as well. This way if they get out of it other people will know before they bring their dogs there.
    firewinky38

Answer by firewinky38 at 4:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• That's so terrible! I work in a kennel and we strive to keep it clean and smelling nice. We get compliments all the time about the cleanliness! I hope that kennel your dog was at either cleans up or shuts down. I suggest that anyone who is thinking of kenneling their dogs to go and take a tour of the facilities first, then there won't be any surprises!
    wondra

Answer by wondra at 7:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2008