do u dislike it when people who DON'T hve children try to give u advice about parenting?

It totally irks the hell out of me when people who have never had children try give me advice when they've never had to deal w/ a temper tantrum or losing sleep in the night. does it irk you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMG yea I cant stand it.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Not so much... my SIL has asked me fore parenting advice a few times... like when her son burnt his arm... and I had just had my baby a couple months earlier... for some reason I knew what to do and she didn't nothing wrong with that.... it's just advice, take it or leave it. I do well with giving advice when it comes to all ages even though mines still a baby because I'm a sponge... I soak up a lot of what I see and I've had cousins and sisters, and friends kids around. And I have a great memory so I can remember how I thought when I was growing up. I'm always willing to listen to any advice, its just whether I use it!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• haha, its funny to me when they do.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i dislike it when pp who don't have kids do that.
    ilovebooksfan

Answer by ilovebooksfan at 10:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• HECK YEA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes I'm like you try to do ALL this with out sleep and get you self put together too. Or lose the baby weight too
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes. Especially those who think they know more about parenting than you do. LOL they'll never understand until they have kids!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• it drives me nuts! I actually had this happen a few weeks ago when I had a long time friend over who is single and has not children. My son was throwing a tantrum and I was dealing with it as I usually do with time outs and my friends started yelling at him, like it was his right to step in.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes, or when a preggo mom or mom with an infant tries to give me advice on older kids. It usually comes off as funny because the "advice" is usually just silly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2009