In my case....

In my custody case my babies father is trying to say I am un fit because I am on WIC, food stamps, and housing. Will that really hold up????? Do the judges care about that???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Depends on the judge I guess. In youre defence, you are making sure your kids have what they need at any cost...
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 9:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It won't prove you're unfit, only that you need help and if he is able to give them the things they need without assistance it could work in his favor, or it could work against him and he could end up paying more child support. Talk to a lawyer about it that specializes in custody and I'm wishing you much much luck
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I doubt it... that stuff is there for a reason. Do you have a job? Because that'd help your situation. It shows you are trying.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes I work full time, I just don't make enough to care for myself and the baby!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• no it won't hold up. It proves you are a good mom who wants to make sure your babies are cared for properly. I would imagine it will backfire. It shows HE is not being financially repsonsible enough to take care of his own children. He's an idiot and the Judge will let him know that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• That's not something to be ashamed of when you are working and doing what you can to provide. He will probably make HIMSELF look bad by bringing this up. If you are upholding your responsibilities and taking care of his kids, even though you need some help, the judge is going to wondering what HE is doing to assist you. It doesn't sound like he's doing much.
    adoptionsc

Answer by adoptionsc at 10:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Um, no not at all. What an idiot. It's gonna turn around and bite his ass because the judge is gonna say well then why do YOU give her more money to take care of YOUR son! Duh!

Don't sweat it baby....Unfit is for abusive or neglectful parents. Needing financial assistance is not unfit.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009