How do I get my 3 yr old to sleep in?

For over a year now he wakes up at 5:30-6:30 every morning and I'm SOOOO tired! He goes to bed at 8pm but sometimes won't fall asleep until 9pm. He takes 1-2 hour naps IF he naps at all. I've tried no nap early bed at 7. I've tried no nap and later bed time. I've tried nap with later bedtime. No matter what he's up. Any suggestions?? He'll be 4 in June.

Sweetie2

Asked by Sweetie2 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds like his internal alarm clock is going off! Good luck - some people are just naturally early risers. If you can't get him to sleep in late, is there anything he can do in his room quietly until you are ready to get up? Maybe have a snack and drink out ready, plus some quiet puzzles or games. Set rules on what he can and cannot do while you are still in bed?
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have a 4 year old. I stopped naps when he was around 2 and a half. He goes to bed at 9pm and sleeps until at least 7am.
    I would cut out the naps, if you can. And increase his bed time by 15 minutes for a few days, then by a haf hour for a few days. Just a suggestion, hope you find a way to sleep later!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• have you try geting her to bed at 9:30 and see if that work. Some children are early rise. did you ever had to wake the child up at 5:30-6:00 in the morning?
    Jad30

Answer by Jad30 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009