STD

If your husband/boyfriend gave you an STD would you stay with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• nope! because we both got tested when we started dating so that would mean he cheated
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It would depend on if you both got tested before taking the relationship to that leve? If you were both tested and were neg then I think I would kick his butt to the curb. If you didn't get tested prior too, then those are risks you take. You could have just as easily have given him an STD.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I stayed with my now x husband several times after he brought home stds. I realized he couldn't keep it in his pants so I cut him loose. One time can be a mistake but many times is just wrong. One thing that many men don't understand. Oral sex is NOT safe sex. Some use condoms during intercourse but if she is infected and gives him oral sex then it's just like doing the other end! men don't get that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• That depends really... did he have it before you got together? Did he cheat and brought it home to you? Most people don't get tested before they have sex and it's common for men to not show symptoms like women do so there's millions of them walking around every day that are sharing that with other people and don't even know it. BTW some of them can cause stillbirth/miscarriage if you catch it while you're pregnant and I just read the other day about a newborn baby dying because it contracted herpes from a cold sore and couldn't fight the virus.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:20 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Umm Hell No ya know some things you can not cure like AIDS kick him to the curb asap

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• He cheated, we worked it out for our children's sake then I found out he gave me an STD. Im trying to keep my kids' best interest at heart and I love him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• wow you are in a hard situation I hope it works out for you please just remember aids is a real thing google it you will be shocked about all the facts may god be with you and your kids

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Did he have it before or after you were with him, thats the point. And if was after you were together NO WAY !!!!
    lilmom803

Answer by lilmom803 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My hubby and I talked about this kind of stuff before and since we've been married that if we ever do decide to go outside the marriage, then for the sake of each other's lives to always use protection... It would make it harder to get over them cheating when you've got to go be treated for an STD and on every medical paper from here and on you have to place that on there that you had it. A lifetime reminder of what they did. I'm sorry for what you're having to go thru and hope that with your case it isn't anything that medicine can't get rid of.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It's bad enough when a man cheats. It can be forgiven with work on both parts. But when he cheats with no protection and brings home a surprise he would be out the door.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2009