My 16 month old who sleeps through the night, got sick on Saturday and woke up several times.we brought her in bed w/us both Sat. and Sun. night. she has been waking up now at the same time everytnight. I tried letting her cry it out last night. cried for over an hour. I would go in the room (never picked her up) and as soon as i would go in the room she would stop crying.i would wait a few min. walk out and she would start crying right away.Any advice???

momof1308

Asked by momof1308 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try giving her a bath, then snuggling her for a few minutes afterwards. I also like to read a book to Colin, then put him to bed. It's a little more slowed down than when I tell my 5 yr old to go to bed, but it's worth it. He is relaxed for at least 30 minutes and it makes drifting off a lot easier. If he does get up and cry, I wait 5 minutes, then go in. I gently lay him back down, rubhis back for a minute, then leave again. After 2-3 times, he's out. It gets easier... don't worry.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• This is exactly what happened with my son when he was a little younger and i did the same thing you did.. let him cry. and although it was hard to not tend to him when he was crying, i still let him cry. if you do this every nite when your child wakes up eventually they will fall asleep.. and as the nights go by the shorter it will take them to fall asleep. trust me, it works! you just have to be patient.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 11:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I had the same problem with my son 15m , I gave him his binkie and fave. toy (teddy) and rubbed his head and he went back to sleep, this took more then one night and each time I stayed inthe room less. until I was finally able to put him to bed and he slept the whole night. g/l
    Anonymous