do u like big churches, medium size churches, or small chuches? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Small Churches, b/c the ppl seem to be closer, know each other better and help each other out more.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I dont have a preference. Whats important to me is the message and if the church speaks to me. Friendships and closeness is secondary.

Answer by gemgem at 10:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yea, I agree small churches are great...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Small churches. I love knowing everyone, including the Pastor and his wife, personally. I've been at the same church since I was a kid. Lots of the members there are my family by blood, but all are my family by church. I absolutely love it. If you miss a Sunday, they call and make sure you're okay, they come to your house to bring food when you're sick, they email you daily, they visit the "shut-in" members (those who are too elderly or disabled to come to the service), etc. There could never be another church to replace mine. I have visited big churches for special occassions, but mine has always felt like home : )
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Smaller to medium sized churches because you get to know everyone better and form great friendships (most of the time anyways). The message is also important though.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It depends on the church. I've been to small churches where I felt a bit uncomfortable, especially about being a newbie. But then I've been to other small churches where I've felt very welcome and comfortable. Sometimes big churches are nice because they often offer more clubs and study groups and activities that are nice. But then sometimes you feel a bit lost in the crowd. So I guess it depends on what you're after.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i'm not sure what size our church is. we have probably 80 members in our ward excluding little kids which we have about 120 kids in primary alone. our church is considering a split. i really like it. we moved way out and this ward has been so nice and we feel right at home.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You can feel just as "out" in a small church as in a big church. Sometimes i have found that when you go to a smaller church they ahve their way of doing things, they have the people they talk to and then leave....some small churches are hard to go to for the first time bc of those little groups that htey have formed as well. i think that you can feel jsut as at home in a large church as in a small church. i think it depends on the people not the size!
    Anonymous

• Small churches. It is more like a family and, I believe, better for support and prayer.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I used to get intimidated by small churches because I would feel like they were all staring at the newbie. I liked the bigger churches better. I grew up in a pretty large sized church, but it was easy because I belonged to the youth group and knew a lot of people. In bigger churches I was able to melt into the crowd if I wanted to, without being singled out. That is why I am a little aprehensive about joining our Unitarian Universalist church in our town because its tiny. But I'll get over the hump, and do it soon and once I do and get to know people, small churches are nice.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009